The WWE’s role as a leader outside of the squared circle is very evident. Just as with every other major sports, their role as social leaders extends well beyond entertainment value.
On Thursday, the WWE announced “the launch of Superstars for Hope, a fundraising campaign on Indiegogo, the world’s largest crowdfunding platform, to benefit Special Olympics and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford in honor of Connor’s Cure.”
The goal is to raise $200,000 for two extremely important organizations, while giving fans the opportunity to experience once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Supporters can donate at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wwe-superstars-for-hope and with that comes some amazing prizes, merchandise and trips that can be won, such as,
· A tour of WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center in Orlando, Florida
· Backstage access to Monday Night Raw or SmackDown
· VIP package to WWE pay-per-view events
· Lunch with WWE Superstar Triple H® at the WWE Performance Center
· WWE World Heavyweight Championship title signed by WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H
· An ultimate WrestleMania 32 package
· Lunch with the cast of the hit E! reality show Total Divas
Janet Froetscher, CEO, Special Olympics, gives nothing but thanks to the WWE for all the support they give.
“WWE’s support of Special Olympics gives us a unique platform from which to reach, educate and welcome countless new fans and athletes to our movement. The important work we do around the world to create communities of acceptance and respect for all will only be successful when the world heeds our call to Play Unified in order to Live Unified.”
The work that WWE does helps, not only its fans, but also their staunch supporters. The organization, who can reach people all over the world, use their star power to help address several important social issues worldwide including, anti-bullying, the Special Olympics, military outreach and literacy initiatives.
The ballet with violence that is the WWE is weekly entertainment. Their global outreach will last a lifetime.